Skip to main content

The Face of RSV

I think that I have already mentioned that this week was tough with Michael being gone.  Well, it got a little bit tougher on Wednesday when Will was diagnosed with RSV - or as Dr. Johnson calls it, "the 100 day cold."  Poor Will has been so miserable.  It all started Monday night when he started throwing up after every feeding. This meant that both he and I changed our clothes at least three time a night.  The throwing up stopped when he woke up on Tuesday, but started up again Tuesday evening. This seemed kind of weird to me so I made an appointment for the next day with his pediatrician.  Because he had such a bad cough, followed by projectile vomiting, I was afraid that he had whooping cough.  Thankfully, he did not - but RSV has certainly not been a walk in the park. He has so much snot.  I can literally scoop it out of his mouth in clumps with my fingers. These vomiting episodes usually happen after he has been laying down for several hours.   This is the reason he throws up more at night.

He is so miserable and when he gets upset there is very little I can do to soothe him.  He doesn't want to eat, he doesn't want to lay down, he doesn't want to sit up.  Consequently he has cried for the majority of this waking hours. We mostly sit and rock until he cries himself to exhaustion.


Popular posts from this blog


Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.

Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 

Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.

We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.

They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.

One of my favorites!

Another favorite.

And . . . another favorite.

They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.

It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."