Skip to main content


This past week was the "ICE" week in the Begley family.  The boys went to see ICE with Grandad, Gigi and their cousins on Wednesday night.  While they were in ICE Emily, Zac, Michael and I (and Will) had dinner in the food court.

I forgot to send gloves and hats for the boys.  It was 9 degrees in there so they about froze to death.

After ICE, they rode the carousel.

On Saturday, we went back to ICE with Gran and Heather.  This time Michael and I went in to.  I also remembered to pack gloves and hats.

We also decided to take Will in.  I wore him in the Tula and zipped him up in the coat.  He slept most of the time. 

I was amazed at ICE. It was so beautiful.  

After ICE we went to the Opryland Hotel to the Build-a-Bear workshop.  As we were walking in Sam stopped walking and acted like he was having a panic attack/nervous breakdown/hyperventilating.  It scared me a little bit, but it passed pretty quickly.  While we were picking out our bears, it started again.  So Michael, Will, Sam and I left to take Sam to the after hours clinics. Turns out he had a virus and it hurt his throat to cough - so he was trying not to cough - which caused him to look like he was having a panic attack. 

Finn stayed and built a bear.  He really enjoyed it.  He made a "Stormtrooper."  Then he went to dinner with Gran and Heather. 


Popular posts from this blog


Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.

Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 

Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.

We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.

They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.

One of my favorites!

Another favorite.

And . . . another favorite.

They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.

It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."