Skip to main content


While riding in the car this week, Sam got really mad at me over something very insignificant.  He whined and fussed and called me all sorts of PG names.  I don't know what I did to conjure such disappointment in Sam, but he made it known that he was quite upset with me.  Finn, beginning to tire of Sam's whining, took matters into this own hands.  He looked at Sam, shook his head in a slow, deliberate and dramatic fashion and said, "Sam, you will reap what you sew."

It got cold this week - so Will got to wear his "header" for the first time.

Finn was so excited about this inaugural event that he begged me to take a picture of he and Will. 

This has been  really difficult week.  Michael had mediation training every day this week on the other side of Nashville. He was gone early in the morning and didn't get home until later in the evening. This meant that I parented all three (3) boys for a majority of the week. As a result, the boys received sub par parenting.  Case in point - Sam and the boppy.  Sam decided that he needed to sit on top of the counter in the boppy. 

While Sam was pretty proud of his achievement, his crowning moment of the evening came when he and Finn played "Santa and his Sled." Finn was Santa and Sam was a Reindeer.  They were hilarious scooting through the house.  Sam moving at the speed of molasses due to the weight of Finn's body, and Finn spurring him on with the sounds of "Heigh Ho."  Not only that, Finn used Sam's waist band as the reigns.  This meant that Sam's full bottom showed every time that he made any forward progress. (I tried very hard not to get a picture of Sam mooning the camera.  

The next night they decided to have an indoor camp out.  Finn put the tent up and built a fire (he used red jammies).  Then he rolled up socks and put them on the end of his arrows so that he and Sam could roast marshmallows.  When it was time for them to "pretend" sleep, I made lots of different animal sounds so that they could "pretend" be scared. They were so precious. 


Popular posts from this blog


Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.

Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 

Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.

We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.

They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.

One of my favorites!

Another favorite.

And . . . another favorite.

They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.

It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."