A Mother's Day Weekend Extravaganza

This has been a really great Mother's Day weekend. The weekend started by getting a sweet Mother's Day card in the mail from Grandad and Gigi - Thank You.

On Friday Finn spent the day with Gran and Pa. While I was at work Finn and Gran made me my first mother's day gift. GORP! Finn poured and mixed all the ingredients.

And like any great cook he tasted as he went.
Then he picked out a ribbon to tie around the package.





The finished product. Finn even picked out a special little silver ribbon for me and wrapped it around the package. Look how proud he looks!



After giving me the gift, Finn laid over on me and fell asleep. It was truly a sweet moment.

On Actual Mother's Day Finn woke up at 5:30 (again). Michael got up with him and let me sleep. When I woke up Michael served me some eggs.

At Sunday School I felt like the worst mom ever. Finn took quite a tumble off of a table. I think it scared my girls to death.

Next we went to Hank's Baby dedication at Em's church. Afterwards we went back to Em's house and had chinese food with Nana, Papa, and Cyndi.



This is a picture of Finn reading with Papa. Finn was reading his new train book that Nana got him for Easter.

Around 3:00 Finn and I headed home. When I got home I rested my aching back. (Some how or the other I have twisted it and it hurts like the dickens). Finn and Michael went to the Begley's while I took a much needed nap. Afterwards I went to get a quick bite at the Begley's too. At the end of the night I realized that I didn't have one single picture of Finn and me on Mother's Day so we took a quick family picture.


All in all it was great day and I so thankful to be given the opportunity to be a mother. And yes, that includes the saggy boobs and soft belly. I am also thankful for my Mother and for all the Mother's in my life (albeit not my own) that have been so good to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday