Skip to main content

Gran's - Day 3

Today started off great! I am ready to take these boys to raise! They are such loves! 
Finn got in bed with me earlier than usual last night. I think he got up to go potty and just decided to hop in my bed! He did tell me that he checked on Will before he got in the bed. He is such a sweet brother. When I got up I told Finn to continue to sleep so he did. He has  had such a bad cold and I have even given him allergy  medicine for a few nights,  his teacher even commented on how  much better he was today.

I had everything ready when everyone woke up at 6. Little Will is happy to greet a new day! 
I went to Walmart  yesterday to get something for Finn to play with during recess  since his Dr.  wants him to Not Play! I got him a hand held video game.  But,  I knew Little Sam would be heartbroken if I  didn't get something  for him so I got him a PJ mask car. I told the if they got ready early I would be able to give them their surprises. Of course they did and just let me say that they were so happy with their gifts! Sam insisted that I take a picture and send it to mom and dad!

Will took a big nap when we got home from dropping the boys off. He slept so long I got concerned! After 2 hours I really was nervous so I went up on the balcony a tried to zoom in with my camera to make sure that he was breathing.  That didn't work so I ended up just tip toeing next to his bed to make sure he was alright!
After lunch we headed over to visit Aunt Nellie. He was as happy as could be to see her and she loved being with him! I had sit him on the bed for a few minutes and he noticed that she had a little stuffed animal! She wanted me to let him play with it so I did, he loved it!


Popular posts from this blog


Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.

Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 

Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.

We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.

They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.

One of my favorites!

Another favorite.

And . . . another favorite.

They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.

It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."